It's been one week since surgery number 2. The difference between first and second surgery has been huge! After the first one Inca was in a lot of pain. I remember rushing to the veterinary clinic to pick up more, stronger painkillers. Painkillers that I haven't even had to use after the second surgery. After the first one she struggled to move and I could see in her eyes how much she was suffering. She yelped at night when she tried to change position in her sleep. But since then we've only seen improvement, even with the last surgery in between. I wonder why this is. Perhaps it could be because after the first one, she could only try to support herself on the leg that was still "bad" and required surgery. Maybe. I'm not sure. She still runs like a snake, and her hip is still clicking, but her mood and agility is miles away from how she was before. Yesterday I lifted her to my bed and she wriggled on to her back, euphoric about being back in the snuggle pad.
As you know I was going to go ahead with Inca's surgery regardless. But not until after it was done and she was getting better I could say that it was worth it. Happiness to me is looking back and saying: It was worth it.
As you know I was going to go ahead with Inca's surgery regardless. But not until after it was done and she was getting better I could say that it was worth it. Happiness to me is looking back and saying: It was worth it.
"We have one wolfhound cross, and one Kelpie/BullArab/Bucket cross."

No comments:
Post a Comment