Last week. Inca came up to me and did her usual greeting with one paw on my knee. Then she fell to the ground. As if the hip was not supporting her. Panic. Called the vet. They had an appointment in 90 minutes.
Called a cab. Finally cab arrived and before it stopped I could see arms moving around like propellers in inside the vehicle.
"No no no no no. No no no no no!"
?
"No no no no no. No no no no no!"
...
"No no no no no. No no no no no! THAT is not a small dog."
Oh that's right. When I ordered the cab I told them that Inca was a dog that could fit on my lap. And she does. With some effort.
"That dog is TOO big. TOO BIG. TOOOO..."
"Please. I beg you. We have an urgent appointment at the vet. My apologies...are you afraid of dogs?"
"...yes."
"Please. I beg you. We have an urgent appointment at the vet. My apologies...are you afraid of dogs?"
"...yes."
"Oh I'm so sorry. But she is just a puppy. (opening the door) I'm really sorry."
In.
"I just really need good news." Better set this straight before the vet hit me with anything that could be upsetting. He better not hurt me.
Sam the vet explained that there was only one way to find out. X-rays. Inca is such a good girl that it would be possible without her sleeping. And off they trotted and I started shaking. Litterly shaking. I honestly thought that there would be bad news. Her hip was still clicking. She was still skipping. I was terrified. So many devlish thoughts and I thought I controlled things like a god and made things bad. Like that The Secret movie that I once watched 10min off. There was a lot of pressure...
Door opened and Sam, Inca and other vet came in. Not a glance at me. Not a smile. Not a word. Where was his axe? He was about to shred me to pieces, whatever was left of me. I was sure of it.
He turned on the x-ray screen.
"It looks fantastic."
Cue music!
Sam the vet showed me pictures of a little puppy's hip that has now been put into place and sorted out sh*t that god forgot when he made her. Her left hip was now up to the standard of her eyes and her velvety fur - perfect.
I wanted to nump up on this vet in proper Olivia Newton in Grease style. I patted Inca and she looked at me like we were a good team. Sam the vet said he was so pleased. She had started forming proper muscles around it and her bones were healing. And so was my worried heart. Both Inca and I danced all the way home. Gracefully, like ladies with perfect hips.
"I just really need good news." Better set this straight before the vet hit me with anything that could be upsetting. He better not hurt me.
Sam the vet explained that there was only one way to find out. X-rays. Inca is such a good girl that it would be possible without her sleeping. And off they trotted and I started shaking. Litterly shaking. I honestly thought that there would be bad news. Her hip was still clicking. She was still skipping. I was terrified. So many devlish thoughts and I thought I controlled things like a god and made things bad. Like that The Secret movie that I once watched 10min off. There was a lot of pressure...
Door opened and Sam, Inca and other vet came in. Not a glance at me. Not a smile. Not a word. Where was his axe? He was about to shred me to pieces, whatever was left of me. I was sure of it.
He turned on the x-ray screen.
"It looks fantastic."
Cue music!
Sam the vet showed me pictures of a little puppy's hip that has now been put into place and sorted out sh*t that god forgot when he made her. Her left hip was now up to the standard of her eyes and her velvety fur - perfect.
I wanted to nump up on this vet in proper Olivia Newton in Grease style. I patted Inca and she looked at me like we were a good team. Sam the vet said he was so pleased. She had started forming proper muscles around it and her bones were healing. And so was my worried heart. Both Inca and I danced all the way home. Gracefully, like ladies with perfect hips.

No comments:
Post a Comment