Called up the insurance company today to hear what they had to say about the surgery. Was connected. Was waiting. Was listening to bad music. Hugged Inca. Was hoping.
When they told me they would not cover the costs to save Inca. I had seen the vet within the 30 day waiting period. I had tried to save her too soon. Stopped the pain too soon. Been too good of a friend to the one I love, because in the human world of bureaucracy things must be right by the books. Ironically I did not even see the vet for that reason initially. He thought it was an injury, not the hips. Everything disappeared and I could not help but crying. I think if Inca could she would have cried too. Shattered. Looking around my room. Can I sell anything? All I really need to keep is Inca. I can do anything when I am with her. But unfortunately, she is nothing without me. An international student with teary eyes, and a thin wallet.
But...the vet had told me not to worry and that she most likely had been hurt from playing too rough with Bruce. Pre-exisiting? Really? Are you sure?
So here I am asking for help. From you. I am asking for what you can spare - not for me, but for Inca. I hope that Inca's courage and my courage will inspire you to give money (I hate that word) to help a little four-legged creature with velvety fur. One, that was adopted from the shelter... One, who had been surrendered by a family who did not want who later became my happiness in shape of a dog.
I ask you to pay money because you are willing to give some of yours to a puppy completely unaware of the value of dollars. I want to discover that this world is not as cold as we think, because humans can come together and save one little kelpie cross pup. Although doing this may seem crazy to some, to me and maybe you it would be crazy not to...
When they told me they would not cover the costs to save Inca. I had seen the vet within the 30 day waiting period. I had tried to save her too soon. Stopped the pain too soon. Been too good of a friend to the one I love, because in the human world of bureaucracy things must be right by the books. Ironically I did not even see the vet for that reason initially. He thought it was an injury, not the hips. Everything disappeared and I could not help but crying. I think if Inca could she would have cried too. Shattered. Looking around my room. Can I sell anything? All I really need to keep is Inca. I can do anything when I am with her. But unfortunately, she is nothing without me. An international student with teary eyes, and a thin wallet.
But...the vet had told me not to worry and that she most likely had been hurt from playing too rough with Bruce. Pre-exisiting? Really? Are you sure?
So here I am asking for help. From you. I am asking for what you can spare - not for me, but for Inca. I hope that Inca's courage and my courage will inspire you to give money (I hate that word) to help a little four-legged creature with velvety fur. One, that was adopted from the shelter... One, who had been surrendered by a family who did not want who later became my happiness in shape of a dog.
I ask you to pay money because you are willing to give some of yours to a puppy completely unaware of the value of dollars. I want to discover that this world is not as cold as we think, because humans can come together and save one little kelpie cross pup. Although doing this may seem crazy to some, to me and maybe you it would be crazy not to...

No comments:
Post a Comment