Wednesday, 23 January 2013

What's the value of your core value?

7.45pm "Tell me about your core values?"
"I recently adopted a puppy from the pound. Turned out she was sick and would need extensive vet care. Although I know it is tabu to talk about money, I will tell you that it would cost $7000.
(Grasp of breath from the audience.)
I had a lot of people asking me if I had considered the alternative. But there wasn't much to think about. There was no choice for me. It just had to be done. Money had to be dealt with later.
It was stressing me out a little bit. The decision in itself, but more importantly the thoughts people had. About putting her down. About my sanity. If I was rich. (I'm not.)
I constantly heard the amount. Seven thousand dollars.
Then something turned around. This was so ME. This was how true I was to my values. What I believe in and acting it out is worth $7000. This is how much I believe in this! DO YOU HEAR ME WORLD?"
10.30pm got off the tram and ran all the way home to the most expensive puppy I know.



No comments:

Post a Comment