Tuesday, 15 January 2013

What love is

I love this dog. Truly, fully, all the way through. I look at her and I am filled with it, up past my throat and I struggle to tell her how much she adds to my life. I look at her and think about how perfect she is and wonder if her mum miss her.
Far away, in history, I remember the common question "Can you commit to a dog?" Commit to a dog? Are you ready for your life to change? Are you ready to love something that is not your own species to the point where she is up there with the very top of your own kind? Are you ready to change and love someone who not only kills but also eat rats? Can you commit to something that makes your bed way too empty without it? Can you handle never wanting to be without it again? Are you willing to sacrifice your nights out, not 'cause you are not allowed, but because there is a velvety black creature a perfectly pink tongue at home where suddenly you would rather be? Are you prepared to feel the urge to tell this one creature that you love her 30 times per day, although she never has and never will speak a word back?
If so, you can take it home.
I would have run.

1 comment:

  1. Åh, Elin, du vet verkligen vad Kärlek är! Så fint skrivet!

    Nospussar till er
    mamma Cia

    ReplyDelete